Do you feel passionate about animals?
Do you have at least 3 years’ experience in treating dogs?
Do you know how to conduct surgeries, including birth control surgeries?
Do you have good communication and management skills?
Then you might be the candidate we are looking for!
Animal Nepal runs a humane dog management project focusing mainly on Lalitpur district. Through Animal Birth Control ./ Anti Rabies (ABC/AR) the population is managed humanely. A Mobile Response Team treats and rescues sick and injured dogs. Specialized and longer term care is provided at the Chobar Animal Sanctuary. All interventions are based on education and mobilisation of communities.
- Coordinate Animal Nepal’s project for humane dog management
- Monitor staff and volunteer activity on site
- Diagnose and treat sick and injured dogs
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Conduct education and mobilization sessions whenever needed
- Consult with and report to Directors
- Write regular detailed reports
- Initiate self-education in animal rights, surgery, treatment, communication techniques, and any other subjects that are essential to carrying out the job
Main skills needed: Compassion, up to date diagnoses, treatment and surgery skills, communication and reporting skills, management skills
Special conditions: Animal Nepal has a vegetarian policy. Staff are required to work during Dasain or Tihar.
Salary: Depending on experience and skills. Contract initially for 3 months.
How to apply: Send us your motivation letter and CV at email@example.com
Deadline: June 15, 2017
Starting date: ASAP