Vacancy for the post of Advocacy Officer
Position: Advocacy Officer
The Advocacy Officer will plan, execute and monitor advocacy campaigns with a view to establish animal welfare as a national issues and raise awareness of need and importance of animal welfare in the nation.
Bachelors’ degree in Communication, Sociology, Political Science or Law. Master’s degree is preferred
- 2 years of successful relevant experience.
- Fluent in English and Nepali language
- Have interpersonal skills and able to work under pressure
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Skills in leadership, management, organization, and writing
- Assist the organization in designing, planning and implementing advocacy strategy and campaigns.
- Produce materials for advocacy, communication and media purposes.
- Assist the organization in fundraising activities including draft concept note and proposal development.
- Coordinate and respond organization’s email in consultation with line manager.
- Assist the program team in compiling and developing project reports.
- Other activities as assigned by the management.
This position reports to: Programme Manager and Executive Director.
Duration: One Year (with possible extension)
Field Visits: Some field visits
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a focal point for the campaigns run by Animal Nepal. Stay abreast of all materials and information associated with the campaign.
- Assist with Research of relevant laws and policies for the development of authoritative papers on animal welfare.
- Build and maintain relations with community people, direct stakeholders, like minded institutions and government authorities.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of advocacy activities.
- Plan and organize meetings and advocacy activities such as but not limited to workshops, consultations, and mobilization of stakeholders.
- Assist in the facilitation of workshops, consultation, and other related activities mainly related to Advocacy.
- Document workshops, consultation, and other related activities related to advocacy.
- Maintain and manage a database of all documents, papers, and other materials used in advocacy activities.
- Implement the monitoring and evaluation system for advocacy campaigns.
- Prepare and develop periodic program reports.
- Publicize the campaign through social media and other awareness-raising activities
Salary and benefits: As per the policy of organization.